1. You have to believe you are on the right side otherwise don’t even think of it.
2. Call the call center
Get a complaint number. If not satisfied ask for an email ID to write in to.
3. Check the website for numbers or email-IDs
4. Emails or WhatsApp work best as they are written proof.
5. If things don’t proceed try and reach the senior management, preferably by email.
6. Sometimes you have to be a little ingenuous .
For example most Organizations follow a pattern for their official email IDs…. for example firstname.lastname@example.org
Eg: Global Paints email@example.com
Their MD is Akshay Kumar. So. firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Be polite. There is no need to be rude just because you are right and they are wrong.
8. If the response is not positive or there is no action, ask for an escalation.
9. If things don’t get better you have every right to be blunt and provocative but refrain from expletives.
10. Other online options that might work for organisations concerned about their image:
It’s a public forum and can be effective.
You have to have time and energy yes….. but if things are important to you, you have to persevere. Tenacity, transparency and sincerity of purpose count.
I will try and honestly recount some of my successes in dealing with deficiency of service by large organisations
Quickest response so far:
Among other things they do blood allergy testing.
I had saved two numbers. The first one I called was a doctor who charged me Rs..11000 for a test. Suspicious, I called the other number and they said they charge 6500 for exactly the same test from the same lab.
Just one phone call and I was put on to-the senior management of Endocrine Lab who refunded my 11000.
So far so good.
I guess it saved the insurance company that group insures my husband’s medical expenses a bit of money….
But the larger systemic issue remains. Subsidiary labs and even major names charge different rates.
For medicines.. you can check online for generic prices.
Nothing much is available online to compare pathological/ Radiology charges by different Labs